Sunshine College is absolutely committed to providing the highest quality educational opportunities for our students,
and the achievements of our students clearly indicate that we are successful.
Many essential materials are provided through the booklist, but some expensive materials and
services are provided directly by the College and paid for by the “Education Resource Charge”.
We do this because they would otherwise have to be provided by parents at significantly greater cost.
The Education Resource Charge has been set by School Council at $200.
The Education Resource Charge includes the following:
- College Homework and Student Study Pack
- Student Study Planner / Diary
- Student ID Card
- Annual College Magazine
- Provision of photocopied resources in lieu of students purchasing additional text books
- Provision of Sunshine College Course Information Book
- Access to the computer network outside of normal classes
- Personal downloading costs relating to internet use
- Provision of Personal References
- $30 credit towards the cost of printing from the Computer Network using the Print charger System
- Credit toward personal downloading costs relating to internet use
- Payment of VTAC course selection costs
- Provision of class sets in lieu of students purchasing additional text books
- Programs provided by outside specialists (guest speakers, visits to Tertiary Institutions, Study lectures etc)
Please note that certain subjects, depending on student choice incur additional charges to parents and include such
subjects as Outdoor Education and VET (Vocational Education& Training) subjects.
- Students receiving the Commonwealth Youth Allowance are required to pay the College Charge.
For a more detail explanation of Fees & Charges at Years 7-10 and Years 11-12, please read the following attachment
Parent Payments Letter 2014 Years7-10.pdf .. & ..
Parent Payments Letter 2014 Years11-12.pdf
I look forward to yet another very successful and rewarding year for all students.